Target: 1000000 Signatures Received: 260
Despite an overall 38% reduction in new HIV infections observed in ESA since 2010, young people (10 to 24 years) and adolescents (10 to 19 years), especially young women and young key populations, continue to be disproportionately affected by HIV. In 2016, 2.1 million people aged between 10 to 19 years were living with HIV and 260,000 became newly infected with the virus. The number of adolescents living with HIV has risen by 30% between 2005 and 2016. The number of adolescents dying due to AIDS-related illnesses tripled between 2000 and 2015, the only age group to have experienced a rise. In 2016, 55,000 adolescents between the ages of 10-19 had died through AIDS-related causes. AIDS is now the leading cause of death among young people in Africa and the second leading cause of death among young people worldwide. (IAS 2019)
Disrupting ‘business as usual’ is therefore vital in order to reach more adolescents andyoung people in all their diversity with SRH and HIV-related services including accurate information packages, HIV testing, treatment and other accompanying services to aid viral load suppression and enhance HIV prevention. While advancing gender transformative and responsive programs. This is even more vital for adolescent boys and young men health and
will certainly in return be critical for the health of AGYW and health for all.
Would you like to join the Youth Prevention Advocacy Campaign? Here are the simple options…. Please participate and stand a chance to be part of the 2021 Regional
Adolescents Health Indaba (RAHi) – under the theme; Closing the tap.
1. Make a commitment on what you will do as an individual in order to contribute to
the HIV prevention.
2. Make a commitment on what you will do with and/or for your friends and
Some Commitment Examples
- I commit to getting tested and knowing my HIV status
- I commit to being faithful to one sexual partner
- I commit to using a condom correctly and consistently each time I have sex
- I commit to accessing voluntary medical male circumcision
- I commit to encouraging my male partner to access medical male circumcision
- I commit to spreading the word that condom use is sexy
- I commit to teaching my friends on the HIV ways of transmission
- I commit to learning something new about HIV every week
- I commit to taking my treatment seriously
- I commit to providing sharing the information I have with the project
- I commit to joining the team in developing new and catch HIV prevention message.
Add any other commitment.
Sorry, petition already expired
Total Signatures: 260