About Godfrey Muchanga
The University of Zambia
Bachelor of Arts: Development Studies
Bachelor of Arts: Development Studies with Sociology
Rusangu Secondary School
Grade 12 Certificate
Grade 12 Certificate (O-Level)
2020 - 2021
The Meningitis Cascade of Care: Formative Research to Improve Outcomes in Zambia
• Successfully identified gaps in data collection tools and resolved them.
• Collected data through qualitative interviews and assisted with data analysis.
• Gave ad hoc debriefs on the study, identified challenges, and found solutions.
• Coordinating research activities and ensuring that research plans are executed.
• Transcribed interviews and ensured 100% secure data management of study data.
• Documented procedures and results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
• Submission of files with recorders, transcript of recordings, and all documentation.
• Conducted informed consent with participants and maintained data confidentiality.
• Collaborate with the leadership team to identify relevant questions and determine the best methods of data collection and support with the formulation of data collection tools.
2020 - 2020
Consultant - Social Science Researcher
• Conducted a qualitative formative study for a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial to be conducted among Health Care Workers in healthcare settings.
• Conducted In-depth interviews and facilitated Focus group discussions with HCWs.
• Transcribed audio recordings, ensured data confidentiality and data management.
• Qualitatively analysed data using ATLAS.ti and reported on the study findings.
2019 - 2019
Monitoring and Evaluation Data Intern
• Data collection, quality assurance and project monitoring and evaluation.
• Reviewed, organised and transferred data from paper formats to database.
• Supported compilation of monthly and quarterly reports and data verification.
• Supported the flow and transmission of data and reports to USAID and partners.
• Supported in building capacity in quality health databases and data management.
• Entered data into DHIS2 and DATIM, data analysis, reconciliation and reporting.
• Worked on data quality assessments for National Tuberculosis Programme (NTP).
2018 - 2018
Graduate Implementation Science Research Assistant
• Conducted good quality, ethical, and applied Social Science research.
• Created linkages with partners, stakeholders, and research participants.
• Met 100% target for the research data collection on time and within budget.
• Conducted interviews and facilitated community focus group discussions.
• Maintained data integrity, confidentiality, and security of all collected data.
• Managed daily administrative, logistics, and petty cash for research activities.
• Recruited and screened TB/HIV research participants to obtain their suitability.
• Coordinating research activities and ensuring that research plans were executed.
• Collected qualitative and transcribed data, data management, and writing reports.
• Developed collaborative relationships and liaised with government officials, community leaders, and stakeholders.
2018 - 2018
First Capital Bank (Zambia) Limited
• Addressed customers\’ needs to their satisfaction.
• Restocked office supplies and retrieved files for staff.
• Assisted in truncation of cheques and voucher call over.
• Assisted with marketing and sale of offered company products.
• Ensured completion of KYC for all newly opened client accounts.
• Received customer instructions, complaints and queries, and resolved them.
• Offered administrative support, including coordinating files and sorting mail.
• Received and managed at least 20 calls daily, resolved customer queries, and took
down messages and provided information.
2017 - 2018
National Organisation for Women in Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation
• Completed 2 surveys within budget and on time.
• Compiled weekly and monthly reports and data verification.
• Supported gender mainstreaming and youth skills development.
• Sensitised school girls on HIV/AIDS, personal hygiene, and life skills.
• Conducted surveys and collected, entered, transcribed, and analysed data.
• Coordinated telephones, meetings, appointments and maintained records.
• Aided in communications, implementation, and coordination of project activities.
• Administrative, logistical, proposal writing & report writing and advocacy support.
• Supported monitoring and evaluation of project activities and formulated data collection tools.
2016 - 2017
Champ Health Solutions
KABP Survey Enumerator
• Reached 100% of data collection target on schedule.
• Took note of survey challenges and suggested solutions.
• Reviewed completeness of collected data and data management.
• Located participants in their various locations and obtained informed consent.
• Collected data through in-depth interviews and maintained data confidentiality.